Thursday, December 6, 2007

# 18 ONLINE APPLICATIONS

Welcome back to my blog corner of the world..

I played around with GoogleDoc and uploaded a file from some of my own documents. I can't say at this point that I like GoogleDoc better than Microsoft Word because I actually think that GoogleDoc has more limited features than Microsoft Word. I like Microsoft Word better because for me it's easier to use which is my personal preference. There are more toolbar capabilities and more things on Microsoft Word. It has for instance, a resume template, clipart downloads, etc. I didn't like GoogleDoc as well for another reason because I couldn't make the document page a full screen. When I uploaded a picture from my online files, I couldn't get the picture to be positioned in the upright direction without turning my head sideways to look at the picture. I know even though GoogleDoc is an online application, I don't see me using that at this point. There are some good features with the Google site and has some useful gadgets I came across. I will have to check out the gadgets that Google offers. I haven't tried their email service "GMAIL" so I don't have any opinion about that yet. I might like GoogleDoc better possibly if I played around with it and got more used to it. I'm so used to Microsoft Word that I'd rather stick to it. I tried to use WriteDoc but I never got an e-mail verification to use that site but it looked like a pretty good site. It's suppose to be alot like Microsoft Word.

I went to GoDocs but it seemed that on the site that it cost to sign up so I didn't care to go there after that point. It was interesting to try out the online applications. For now, I think I'll stick with what I'm used to. Well, that's my observation. I'm sure others probably will think differently but that's okay with me.

Okay, that's my side of the story.. Catch you back a little later on the flip side..

No comments: