Monday, December 24, 2007

# 23- PODCASTS

Discovering Podcasts..

I discovered that you can find about anything you want on a podcast. Learning about podcasts is very interesting. I now have a broader knowledge in the world of what's out there in the podcast world. I found there are tons of library related podcasts out there. Some are more interesting than others. I found out that there is a children's podcast radio to listen to. The podcast has different children's books to listen to online which was interesting. I don't know if kids would actually sit that long and listen to a podcast but it's interesting to say the least. Children librarians or teachers would possibly be interested in that one. Listening to the podcast tutorial was educational in itself. I think that podcasts could be useful in a library setting to use on the library website for patrons. I think it would be an excellent tool to use to inform patrons of upcoming events possibly. There are other things it could be used for for online patrons as well as library staff especially when there is a URL feed. For NPR (Nashville Public Radio) listeners, there is a book review podcast for online listeners. I put about three library related podcasts RSS feeds on my blogline. The podcast listed are: Libvib, Childrensradio and the NashvillePublicRadio podcast. If you interested in looking at the library podcasts , you can go to my public blogline at: http://bloglines.com/public/lavender007

Well, I'm almost at the finish line with the blogging. I will have my final thing summarizing my blogging thoughts on the next blog. Hope you've enjoyed reading my blogs.

No comments: