Wednesday, December 5, 2007

#17-LPLS WIKI

Whew, glad to get this over with..Yes, that's what I said.. It was a challenge for me in doing the wiki but I overcame my challenge! It took me a while on this one but glad I stuck with it and accomplished my mission !! This wasn't my favorite exercise that I've done so far. I posted a few articles on the manual and searched some of the topics that are posted on the wiki.

Well, I do think that the wiki used for work purposes can be used in a variety and useful ways to serve staff and as well as a public wiki for patrons. I think it will be useful for staff when there is a need to look up different work procedures that will be posted on the wiki. A calender of events for staff on a wiki would be helpful. It would be helpful to have a wiki with a Question and Answer column for things staff might want to ask regarding work questions if they can't find it in the policy manual. A chatroom might be fun for those interested in a public wiki. Bright Ideas or Suggestion page could be posted on a wiki instead of the present method (writing ideas on the Bright Idea forms that you turn in). You could actually have fun with it if you wanted to go outside the box and put some fun stuff on the wiki and be creative. I liked the idea that I saw in the podcast where you can have an YouTube podcast on a wiki. It could be used in a way of learning new information for work by having it on a podcast. It's a fun way of learning instead of always have the usual method of written material. There are lots of other ways of using a wiki. Those are just some of them.

Well, I need to go and catch up with the other people that are already ahead on the exercises. Catch me later..



1 comment:

Learning 2.0 @ LPLS said...

I am proud of you for sticking with it and giving it a try. I hope you were able to work through some of the difficulties and have a better understanding of how wikis work and how to make changes to a wiki.