Thursday, December 13, 2007

#20- WEB 2.O. SITES

Poking around with Web 2.0 Sites...


Poking around looking at the different Web 2.0 sites was fun. Some of the sites I was already familiar with since I've already adventured a few doing the exercises. One of the sites I enjoyed was http://www.biblo.com/ which I've been on before but it was still fun. This site gives different types of books to search for. There's some rare books that you can buy or look at on the site. There are bargin books that are priced under $2.00. You can find out of print books. I didn't find anything at the moment that I didn't like about the site so for me it's a great site. Biblo.com would be good to use on a library website because it would give people other options with books that they wouldn't usually be able to run across on a regular library site. Some people are out there trying to find books that are rare and this would be a good site for that, etc. There might be a book that they've been looking for and might find it on this site.

I discovered a new bookmark site called http://www.ma.gnolia.com/ . I liked this particular site. It's a lot like the Del.icio.us bookmark site that I encountered with the other blogging exercises. A thing I liked about " ma.gnolia.com bookmark site is that you don't have to logged into that site to bookmark something. I think this site could possibly be used for library purposes for patrons to bookmark the library spots or sites they enjoy using the most.

Another neat site was http://www.listdump.com/ which is a list of community generated lists of favorite sites. This community site listed that foodnetwork.com that was listed as one of the favorite food sites which I thought was neat. There is a host of different types of favorite community sites that was listed. You might could use this for library purposes for the community to list their favorite books places or reference material resource locations they use alot.


Well, I've listed several Web. 2.0 sites that I've explored. There are dozens of other good sites out there if you willing to look for them. This exercise was fun because I enjoyed discovering new places to go and enjoy later. Well, I've pondered long enough.. Come back later to the next blogging post..

No comments: