Thursday, December 6, 2007

# 19 SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES

IN THE AGE OF SOCIAL NETWORKING..

These days it seems that social networking is more popular than ever especially to the younger generation with a site such as MySpace. I looked at the different social networks sites and found those sites are not really my thing. I like other types of sites instead. I know a lot of teenages hang out on that site and it concerns me a lot. There is a lot of sexual predators that hang out on that site to lure naive teenages to talk to strangers and give out personal information. I've heard a lot of negative things about MySpace. Teenagers think the site is safe but it's not. If I was a parent, I wouldn't allow my child to use that site. I went to Facebook and some of the other sites but you have to set an account up so I decided not to persue those. I looked at the "Bookspoke" site and clicked on a few things. I looked also at some of the libraries that use Myspace on their library websites. Libraries use MySpace site for a social networking usage that will attract users. I personally don't prefer MySpace but rather I like the blogging method for library users. Well, those are my viewpoints of some of those sites. I'm sure other bloggers feel differently but these are my opinions only.

No comments: